Skip to main content

Reveal The Shield - Laser Optimus Prime

Photobucket

Reveal the Shield - The Optimus Prime that everybody is looking for due to Maketoy Battle Tanker add-on. I bought this figure and Perceptor last year at Hua Ho Serusop. At that time, the Maketoy Battle Tanker was not even announced yet until a few months later. This figure has been in my closet for almost a year. When I bought Maketoy Battle Tanker just recently; I decided to open it up. But before I modified this figure into the add-on; I decided to make a review and take a few picture of the original mold.

Bio


As leader of the AUTOBOTS, and their foremost warrior, OPTIMUS PRIME has gone through many changes over the years. He alters his weapons and body based on the needs of a mission, or as a result of damage sustained in combat. He learns from every situation, always coming back to duty tougher and more powerful than before.

Vehicle Mode


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I have to say that I prefer this mold more than any Optimus deluxe class figure (or TF: Prime figure for that matter). I guess Micheal Bay really followed closely on this figure as reference to his movie Optimus. Even TF: Prime's Optimus Prime looks similar as these. Anyway, I can't complaint that much except for some loose parts such as the side mirror. I do love it just the way it really is. A homage to the G2 Optimus Prime.

Alternate Mode


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I just love this figure. It is already awesome as it is even without a Battle Tanker. I called this the Ninja Optimus Prime. He got an awesome and wicked sword. And he look like the most dangerous Optimus Prime I ever met. His transformation process was not that hard but you should be aware on the wheels part. You must parked the wheel nicely and do not force it too much. The head sculpt is quite wicked to me. Even the hand parts is really have great articulation. My only complain was the shoulders were too big. But that is not a big problem to me. I just love this version of Optimus Prime.

A friend bought a rare Takara United of this Optimus Prime in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The differences was only in its quality paint job and it has blue laser beam and swords compared to the orange/red Hasbro version. But as I told you before, this Laser Optimus Prime is sought over all around the world due to the Maketoy Battle Tanker. So if you saw this on a local shop; go and grab it. You might not see it again. Next up: RTS Laser Optimus Prime + Maketoy Battle Tanker!

Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CW Powerglide

Combiner Wars - Finally a better looking Powerglide. I can't afford to buy the Classic 2.0 Powerglide; so this would be quite a nice value for your money. Basically, Powerglide is one of the G1 mini-bot (and how I wish that Beachcomber and Seaspray would be redesign). When Hasbro announce Powerglide as a legend class Combiner Wars figure; I was really excited. The new figure is the best looking Powerglide known and identical to his animation counterpart. And the best part; he transform himself into a powerful blaster for the combiners. Here is my review of him.

AoE Evolution Pack - Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction - Sorry for the late update. Been busy with life and collecting some masterpiece along the way. This double pack caught my eyes because of the classic/henkei mold. I already have the AoE Evasion Optimus (but never did review it); so here is my chance to review it all at once.

CW Bombshell

Combiner Wars - It is a bug world out there. Anyway; this is the second Insecticon that I bought. We are missing the last legend wave (Megatron, Starscream, Gears, Skrapnel, Tailgate, Swerve and Cosmos). Either it arrived a few or none at all (and selling like hot cake). I can't complain much but at least the new Combiner Wars line release Bombshell (and yet to see upcoming Huffer, Blackjack and Warpath). Here is my review of this great and simple figure.