Skip to main content

30th Generations Megatron

20140707_004622

30th Generations - Finally, a figure that worth to buy. I bought this last year together with Orion Pax. As soon as I removed it from the box; I just displayed it on my shelves and forget all about it. I never did try to transform or even take a picture of it. But it was this photo session that I finally managed to play around with it and transform it. I was surprise that this figure is actually quite good although it got a few flaw. Here is my review of Megatron.


Bio


20140707_010557

There was a time when those who wore the Decepticon badge did so with pride, and not fear. There was a time when the name of Megatron was honored by many across Cybertron. He was a scholar, a warrior, and a hero, fighting for the freedom of the oppressed. But power inevitably corrupts, and none are so powerful as mighty Megatron. Long ago, he forgot he was a hero, and became nothing more than a tyrant. - Sources: TFU.info


Vehicle Mode


20140707_005838
20140707_005908
20140707_005920
20140707_005956

I really love his vehicle mode. All this time there is not so much interpretation of Megatron as a jet or a bomber. It is either a gun or a tank. The only things that is close was the Machine Wars Megatron or the Energon Megatron. This vehicle mode looks similar to the stealth bomber B2. If I were a Decepticon; I would bring terror from the skies with my army of seekers. Sometimes; I really wished that Megatron vehicle mode was a triple changer. Just like Blitzwing.


Transformation


This is my first time creating a new segment in my post. Transformation is a bit hard. Both wings itself needs to be remove and combined as his weapon. His legs forms most of his body but that was not the hard part. The hard part was the hand and body parts which are connected by a few pegs. You need to be careful when rotating the hand parts. But after you get the hang with it; it is quite easy as long as your remember the steps on the instruction.


Robot Mode


20140707_004735
20140707_004748
20140707_004759

I just love his new looks. So much detail yet simple in a way. I have read the comic book and it stated that Megatron was given a new body by Shockwave and return to gives Starscream a good spanking. His weapon has a sliding contraption that extend the weapon. Unfortunately; Megatron lacks a lot on the articulation department. Even I found it hard to rotate the head (I think there were none). The lack of articulation makes him more of a stiff figure.


Conclusion


Takara has released another version of this mold but renamed it Megatronus (whats up with the -nus?). Anyway, I don't felt regret having this figure. Compared to the Asia exclusive Megatron (a remold of ROTF Bludgeon); I would rather have this as something fresh from the oven. If you got the extra money; you might want to get the Takara Tomy Megatronus. That one is beautifully painted in glossy black and much more good looking. Unfortunately; it came in a dual pack. So if you are a tight budget; the Hasbro version will suffice.



Galleries


20140707_00462220140707_00473520140707_00474820140707_00475920140707_00583820140707_00590820140707_00592020140707_00595620140707_01055720140707_010648

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CW Powerglide

Combiner Wars - Finally a better looking Powerglide. I can't afford to buy the Classic 2.0 Powerglide; so this would be quite a nice value for your money. Basically, Powerglide is one of the G1 mini-bot (and how I wish that Beachcomber and Seaspray would be redesign). When Hasbro announce Powerglide as a legend class Combiner Wars figure; I was really excited. The new figure is the best looking Powerglide known and identical to his animation counterpart. And the best part; he transform himself into a powerful blaster for the combiners. Here is my review of him.

AoE Evolution Pack - Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction - Sorry for the late update. Been busy with life and collecting some masterpiece along the way. This double pack caught my eyes because of the classic/henkei mold. I already have the AoE Evasion Optimus (but never did review it); so here is my chance to review it all at once.

CW Bombshell

Combiner Wars - It is a bug world out there. Anyway; this is the second Insecticon that I bought. We are missing the last legend wave (Megatron, Starscream, Gears, Skrapnel, Tailgate, Swerve and Cosmos). Either it arrived a few or none at all (and selling like hot cake). I can't complain much but at least the new Combiner Wars line release Bombshell (and yet to see upcoming Huffer, Blackjack and Warpath). Here is my review of this great and simple figure.