Skip to main content

Fall of Cybertron Grimlock

FOC_GRIMLOCK

Fall of Cybertron - I was shocked when Hasbro and Activision announced that Grimlock is a playable character in Fall of Cybertron video game. He was always the dumb character (and the rest of the Autobot) in G1 animation and in comic books. But were very ambitious in leading the Autobot (which he did in the comic book). In Fall of Cybertron; Grimlock left his post which left Optimus team stranded and instruct Jazz and Cliffjumper to do an investigation. After the whole charade; Grimlock finally met with the rest of dinobots and kick Shockwave minions. He is totally a bad ass Autobot. Here is my review of Fall of Cybertron Grimlock

Bio

FOC_GRIMLOCK

Of all the mighty Autobot warriors scattered across the galaxy, there is only one who feels no fear at the sight of the unstoppable Decepticon Bruticus. While his comrades flee in terror, he stands his ground, stoking the superheated plasma of his fire breath for the battle to come. As the ground quakes beneath him, and the shadow of the giant Decepticon warrior fall across him, Grimlock looks up and smiles. Here, finally, is a challenge worthy of his strength! (Sources: TFU.Info)

T-Rex Mode

FOC_GRIMLOCK FOC_GRIMLOCK FOC_GRIMLOCK

I bought this Grimlock from a friend. It does not come with a manual instruction or a box but complete. In his T-Rex mode; I really felt that the design has lot of flaw. First his head shrunk. Then his tail is so big (due to the fact that it was his leg). And then come the most undesirable flaw of them all:

FOC_GRIMLOCK

His bottom part is hollow. No wonder; his promo picture was always taken from the side. Grimlock was suppose to look something like this in the video game:

Fortunately; some third party company has come up with the add-on and so far it looks much more better. Even they came up with longer sword and wider shield. Anyway; I love the painted detail. Even the panel lining looks really good (and I first thought that the former owner went ahead with panel lining). And the only things that really love about this T-Rex mode is the gimmick, ROARRRRRR:

FOC_GRIMLOCK

Robot Mode

FOC_GRIMLOCK FOC_GRIMLOCK FOC_GRIMLOCK FOC_GRIMLOCK

Sometime I pretend that Grimlock transformation was hard but it was not. It was the most easiest; although that you have to be careful on the hand parts and the peg on the tail is so hard to join. Anyway; he looks like Grimlock. He felt like Grimlock and he is Grimlock. But I do admit; I still prefer his G1 headsculpt. He has limited articulation and I really don't know if I could even rotate the waist. Anyway, I really love the Autobot insignia on his chest. Look carefully and you will see that it is actually his own team logo. How cool is that!

Conclusion

Despite the fact that he has hollow chest, big ugly tail and limited articulation; Grimlock is a must have especially if you played the game before. I love this one better than the Takara or even the platinum edition Grimlock. Both are shiny and I prefer this matte version. Anyway, I have not considered to buy the voyager class or the leader class Age of Extinction Grimlock but I have bought the construct-bots Grimlock (maybe I should review Construct Bots after this?). If you happened to be a fan of the dinobots; then this Grimlock should be on your list.

Galleries

FOC_GRIMLOCKFOC_GRIMLOCKFOC_GRIMLOCKFOC_GRIMLOCKFOC_GRIMLOCKFOC_GRIMLOCKFOC_GRIMLOCKFOC_GRIMLOCKFOC_GRIMLOCKFOC_GRIMLOCKFOC_GRIMLOCKFOC_GRIMLOCK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CW Powerglide

Combiner Wars - Finally a better looking Powerglide. I can't afford to buy the Classic 2.0 Powerglide; so this would be quite a nice value for your money. Basically, Powerglide is one of the G1 mini-bot (and how I wish that Beachcomber and Seaspray would be redesign). When Hasbro announce Powerglide as a legend class Combiner Wars figure; I was really excited. The new figure is the best looking Powerglide known and identical to his animation counterpart. And the best part; he transform himself into a powerful blaster for the combiners. Here is my review of him.

AoE Evolution Pack - Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction - Sorry for the late update. Been busy with life and collecting some masterpiece along the way. This double pack caught my eyes because of the classic/henkei mold. I already have the AoE Evasion Optimus (but never did review it); so here is my chance to review it all at once.

CW Bombshell

Combiner Wars - It is a bug world out there. Anyway; this is the second Insecticon that I bought. We are missing the last legend wave (Megatron, Starscream, Gears, Skrapnel, Tailgate, Swerve and Cosmos). Either it arrived a few or none at all (and selling like hot cake). I can't complain much but at least the new Combiner Wars line release Bombshell (and yet to see upcoming Huffer, Blackjack and Warpath). Here is my review of this great and simple figure.