Skip to main content

WFC Optimus Prime (Toys "R" Us Exclusive)

Photobucket

Generation - War for Cybertron was the epilogue of the crisis between the peace loving Autobot and the evil Decepticon. I still remember finishing this game last year and it was an awesome game. And it seems to me I was a bit late on getting its toyline especially for Megatron and Optimus Prime. But I do managed to grab Soundwave, Cliffjumper and Bumblebee. Although I bought the Dark version of Optimus and Megatron; I still prefer if I could get my hand on the original Hasbro version.Luckily, Toys 'R' Us Brunei has provided me with a second chances of owning Optimus and Megatron with the triple pack exclusive. Here is my thoughts on it.

Bio


When he first became leader of the AUTOBOTS, OPTIMUS PRIME was not certain he wanted the responsibility. The war with the DECEPTICONS was going badly, and it looked like there was no end in sight. He vowed to himself and to the warriors under his command that he would never surrender, never retreat, and never stop fighting until the DECEPTICONS were defeated

Vehicle Mode


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Obviously, I really don't like the color scheme. The transparent red and yellow livery is just over the top. I prefer its original color compared to this. I was surprised and horrified to see its vehicle mode. It was already too ugly and bulky. And the yellow color scheme makes it worst. I'm not going to say much on this but it is considerable enough that Hasbro has change his design for Fall of Cybertron. Good riddance.

Alternate Mode


Photobucket
Photobucket

I got one thing to say; his transformation process is really hard. I find it very hard because there were a lot of pegs and trying to transform him takes me at least 10 minutes to do it. I guess most War for Cybertron figure is a bit hard and complex. Well, only in his alternate mode makes him look very nice. I do realize that his arms has limited articulation and I got annoyed by its waist as the peg won't fit sometimes.

Although he looks stupendous but nevertheless his limited articulation make him a worst figure. But its because of the complex design makes it that way. I do suggest that you will buy the original Generation or Takara Tomy United version of WFC Optimus Prime rather than this exclusive. But if you are a fan of the video games, then I would recommended this figure (or just get the Dark Optimus Prime and Megatron if you got the extra cash) or buy the new Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime (review coming up soon).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CW Powerglide

Combiner Wars - Finally a better looking Powerglide. I can't afford to buy the Classic 2.0 Powerglide; so this would be quite a nice value for your money. Basically, Powerglide is one of the G1 mini-bot (and how I wish that Beachcomber and Seaspray would be redesign). When Hasbro announce Powerglide as a legend class Combiner Wars figure; I was really excited. The new figure is the best looking Powerglide known and identical to his animation counterpart. And the best part; he transform himself into a powerful blaster for the combiners. Here is my review of him.

AoE Evolution Pack - Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction - Sorry for the late update. Been busy with life and collecting some masterpiece along the way. This double pack caught my eyes because of the classic/henkei mold. I already have the AoE Evasion Optimus (but never did review it); so here is my chance to review it all at once.

CW Bombshell

Combiner Wars - It is a bug world out there. Anyway; this is the second Insecticon that I bought. We are missing the last legend wave (Megatron, Starscream, Gears, Skrapnel, Tailgate, Swerve and Cosmos). Either it arrived a few or none at all (and selling like hot cake). I can't complain much but at least the new Combiner Wars line release Bombshell (and yet to see upcoming Huffer, Blackjack and Warpath). Here is my review of this great and simple figure.