Skip to main content

UN Axalon

Photobucket

United - Axalon, the Autobot that got me hype before. Why? I really don't know why. But I bought this guy during my honeymoon at Kota Kinabalu. Before that I have research him through the web and he was actually the Maximal ship during the Beast Wars era. Ironically, he bares his ancestor emblem rather than the Maximal emblem. Well here is my review of him.

Bio


The Axalon is a Maximal exploration vessel whose mission was to explore and survey uninhabited worlds, seeding them with stasis pods so that those Transformers within could adopt the appearance of local lifeforms and conduct research undisturbed. However, it was called upon to intercept and pursue a stolen Predacon starship, and was subsequently never heard from again by its superiors. (Sources: TFWiki)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Axalon mold was based on the Sharkticon from Energon series. Well, Sharkticon looks identical to each other. It is just a marketing gimmick. Then Takara Tomy mold it and thus became Axalon. I am not a big fan of Sharkticon but I do love Beast Wars (does not matter if some of you guys despise it). Axalon does not even look a bit like the Maximal spaceship but he does maintain the color theme of the original spaceship. But I do praise the clean and truly detailed paint job of this figure. The turrets working very nice but the vehicle mode itself takes a bit of space compared to other figures.

Alternate Mode


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Transformation mode was not that hard. It took me at one minute to transform him without looking at the instruction manual. The only things that you really need to be careful was the two main cannon rotating mechanism. I really had a bad experience forcing the peg too much that it breaks (with my Transformers Star Wars X-Wing).


I do like the articulation of this figure particularly the legs. The whole arms and hands however felt a bit cheap. And the worst part is when the two main cannons are pointed ahead; it restrict the hands movement. Compared to the Sharkticon; Axalon has much more detailed on the paint job and looks more Autobot'ish'. Anyway, he is a bit short but not that WFC short. Anyway, if you are a fan of Beast Wars; maybe you should get Megatron and Optimus first before getting your hand on Axalon. It is not a disappointing figure but there are better figure out there for you. Just my suggestion.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CW Powerglide

Combiner Wars - Finally a better looking Powerglide. I can't afford to buy the Classic 2.0 Powerglide; so this would be quite a nice value for your money. Basically, Powerglide is one of the G1 mini-bot (and how I wish that Beachcomber and Seaspray would be redesign). When Hasbro announce Powerglide as a legend class Combiner Wars figure; I was really excited. The new figure is the best looking Powerglide known and identical to his animation counterpart. And the best part; he transform himself into a powerful blaster for the combiners. Here is my review of him.

AoE Evolution Pack - Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction - Sorry for the late update. Been busy with life and collecting some masterpiece along the way. This double pack caught my eyes because of the classic/henkei mold. I already have the AoE Evasion Optimus (but never did review it); so here is my chance to review it all at once.

CW Bombshell

Combiner Wars - It is a bug world out there. Anyway; this is the second Insecticon that I bought. We are missing the last legend wave (Megatron, Starscream, Gears, Skrapnel, Tailgate, Swerve and Cosmos). Either it arrived a few or none at all (and selling like hot cake). I can't complain much but at least the new Combiner Wars line release Bombshell (and yet to see upcoming Huffer, Blackjack and Warpath). Here is my review of this great and simple figure.