Skip to main content

Maketoy Battle Tanker

Photobucket

Maketoy - It was unfortunate that the RTS Laser Optimus Prime does not come with a trailer like its G2 counter part. So as an initiative; Maketoy has created a masterpiece that is both really awesome and superb in design. Here is the Battle Tanker. An expensive add-on that almost cost the same as a leader class figure. But it is understandable as it come from a third party company and I have to say; it is truly worth it in terms of quality and presentation. Here is what I think.

Vehicle Mode


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I don't remember a lot about the G2 Laser Optimus Prime especially if it came to the local shelves before. But here is a pix to prove that G2 Laser Optimus Prime exist before.



Well, the Battle Tanker has not changed at all except that it is more modern looking than its predecessor. And instead of as one whole part; the Battle Tanker are made of few separate parts and you have to combined and hide most of the parts to make up as a whole. But honestly, I do love the design of this Battle Tanker. It makes the RTS Optimus Prime much more bigger in size. My only complaint; assembling it is a hassle. The instruction manual comes with a pictorial tutorial but it is so confusing especially the parts where you have to twist and turn the rocket launcher.

Battle Mode

Photobucket
Photobucket

Well, it really looks awesome in Battle Mode. In battle mode, Optimus can use the rocket barrage while using its targeting system. My only complaint is that it is too heavy and cannot lift the rocket launcher very well. Other than that; it is just awesome.

Armaments and Head Parts

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Honestly, my only difficulty was installing the head parts and the waist unit. I had to put the head unit into a pool of hot water before I could install it. Even the screw does not really fit on the waist unit so I just screw it half way to avoid damage. This first edition Maketoy Battle Tanker came with three swords; a grand slam sword, a katana and a limited edition Drift katana. The grand slam sword and katana is two different parts that can be installed on the LED holster. The red colored LED will light up both swords making it look more awesome. The only sword that I don't want to use is the exclusive Drift sword. The dual guns enhanced the armament of Optimus Prime even more. I prefer that Optimus Prime using the dual guns rather than the swords.

Conclusion - I guess the RTS and UN Laser Prime is almost extinct right now (unless you would buy it online for a scalpers price). So if you have RTS or UN Laser Prime, then you are one of the lucky one. If you have an extra money; I would recommend for you to buy this Battle Tanker. You will not be disappointed. Personally, I really love the Maketoy Battle Tanker. Make it as your wishlist!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CW Powerglide

Combiner Wars - Finally a better looking Powerglide. I can't afford to buy the Classic 2.0 Powerglide; so this would be quite a nice value for your money. Basically, Powerglide is one of the G1 mini-bot (and how I wish that Beachcomber and Seaspray would be redesign). When Hasbro announce Powerglide as a legend class Combiner Wars figure; I was really excited. The new figure is the best looking Powerglide known and identical to his animation counterpart. And the best part; he transform himself into a powerful blaster for the combiners. Here is my review of him.

AoE Evolution Pack - Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction - Sorry for the late update. Been busy with life and collecting some masterpiece along the way. This double pack caught my eyes because of the classic/henkei mold. I already have the AoE Evasion Optimus (but never did review it); so here is my chance to review it all at once.

30th Generation Hoist

30 th Generation - I have reviewed the legend class Hoist before ( Click Here ). Now after more than a year; Hasbro released the 30 th Generation Hoist. It looks really amazing and I really love it very much. I won't say much but here is a review of Hoist