Skip to main content

Sideswipe

Photobucket

Dark of the Moon - Sideswipe is another one of my favorite character in the Transformers universe. He became a cool open roof Corvette Stingray Concept in Dark of the Moon. I really felt that he was thee coolest character in the movie universe. I have kept an eye for him for almost a month. I even asked one of my colleague to buy me a Dark of the Moon Sideswipe in Miri, Sarawak. She did bought me Sideswipe but the scan version. Luckily, new shipment came to Bebeland and that includes Sideswipe. I bought him but unfortunately I wasn't that happy that I should be. Why?

Bio

SIDESWIPE confronts his DECEPTICON enemies on two feet with Cybertanium blades honed and at the ready. He finds projectile weaponry too easy. Nothing beats the blade. His AUTOBOT pals seek him out for lessons on the ancient art of Cybertronian swordplay just in case they have to get up close and personal with a DECEPTICON.

Vehicle Mode

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Why? Most probably of his poor lack of silver paint and there are paint smears in front of the vehicle mode. It is just too much for me. Even Skids or Ratchet was not this bad. Even the MechTech weapon was different that the one shown in the box. It was pure one colored blade where as in the box; it shown a blue colored blade. To make matter worst, on the right door seems to not fit comfortably making it look really loose. Before I forget, there are THREE Mechtech points on his vehicle mode. I'm just disappointed with his vehicle mode. Although it got new open roof design, I was expecting it to be more like his movie counterpart. It also does makes his predecessor more inferior than this new one (differences between Sidearm Sideswipe and DotM Sideswipe shown above).

Alternate Mode

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Look at him; he looks like he just came out from his protoform. Did I mentioned that he is shorter? Although the design looks really amazing but the sculpt is not. Like his vehicle mode, he got smudge on his mouth area. He does have a nice blue eyes. I also can't help noticing it that he got some sort of number (lottery number maybe? LOL) on one of his blade. Making him look more ridiculous. Why can't they just put the number elsewhere. His transformation was not that hard. But it does felt a bit different than Sidearm Sideswipe. Luckily, I bought the scan version Sideswipe from my colleague. It is way better than this as it use Revenge of The Fallen Sideswipe mold. But if you are looking to add to your Autobot collection, then I would suggest you to look carefully before buying it. You might be more lucky than me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CW Powerglide

Combiner Wars - Finally a better looking Powerglide. I can't afford to buy the Classic 2.0 Powerglide; so this would be quite a nice value for your money. Basically, Powerglide is one of the G1 mini-bot (and how I wish that Beachcomber and Seaspray would be redesign). When Hasbro announce Powerglide as a legend class Combiner Wars figure; I was really excited. The new figure is the best looking Powerglide known and identical to his animation counterpart. And the best part; he transform himself into a powerful blaster for the combiners. Here is my review of him.

AoE Evolution Pack - Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction - Sorry for the late update. Been busy with life and collecting some masterpiece along the way. This double pack caught my eyes because of the classic/henkei mold. I already have the AoE Evasion Optimus (but never did review it); so here is my chance to review it all at once.

CW Bombshell

Combiner Wars - It is a bug world out there. Anyway; this is the second Insecticon that I bought. We are missing the last legend wave (Megatron, Starscream, Gears, Skrapnel, Tailgate, Swerve and Cosmos). Either it arrived a few or none at all (and selling like hot cake). I can't complain much but at least the new Combiner Wars line release Bombshell (and yet to see upcoming Huffer, Blackjack and Warpath). Here is my review of this great and simple figure.