Skip to main content

Strafe

Photobucket

Reveal the Shield - You got to love Hasbro for their effort and marketing. All you have to do, just repaint the whole mold and put an Autobot or Decepticon label and name. Strafe is just another repaint from the original mold of Mindwipe. Instead of being a black and red livery, Strafe is a white, red and orange livery.

Bio


While Strafe is usually a pretty nice guy, other Autobots tend to keep away from him, especially during battle. This is because he's way too easily startled, and when scared, responds by attacking everything around him until he burns himself out. Nothing is safe around Strafe, not even sizzling bacon, for any sound can set this Autobot off in a terribly violent way.

Vehicle Mode


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It is big and very bulky. The width is almost identical to the leader class Starscream. But a bit smaller in height and diameter. The jet mode looks very nice and sleek. There are no other function or weaponry for the jet mode. The only thing that is moveable is the wheel below the body of the jet plane. Other than that, it is just a simple but bulky looking jet plane.

Transformation Mode


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

A bit of warning; when trying to unpack Strafe, be careful not to scratch the paint. I have this type of problem with Rodimus (Universe 3 Pack version) too where I accidentally cause the paint to scratch. I think the paint was quite cheap compare with other models. By the way, Strafe is somewhere between cool and awesome. I might say that I found it that he is quite hard to stand straight. His wing is to heavy and his leg is too thin. But what I love about this model, is his pops-up dagger. Look very stealthy and got that Gundam looks.

If you already had Mindwipe on your collection, then I bet you will have the coolest looking Transformers. Even if you own Mindwipe; Strafe will be another nice addition to your collection. For me Strafe looks more like an anime character than a Transformers itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CW Powerglide

Combiner Wars - Finally a better looking Powerglide. I can't afford to buy the Classic 2.0 Powerglide; so this would be quite a nice value for your money. Basically, Powerglide is one of the G1 mini-bot (and how I wish that Beachcomber and Seaspray would be redesign). When Hasbro announce Powerglide as a legend class Combiner Wars figure; I was really excited. The new figure is the best looking Powerglide known and identical to his animation counterpart. And the best part; he transform himself into a powerful blaster for the combiners. Here is my review of him.

AoE Evolution Pack - Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction - Sorry for the late update. Been busy with life and collecting some masterpiece along the way. This double pack caught my eyes because of the classic/henkei mold. I already have the AoE Evasion Optimus (but never did review it); so here is my chance to review it all at once.

CW Bombshell

Combiner Wars - It is a bug world out there. Anyway; this is the second Insecticon that I bought. We are missing the last legend wave (Megatron, Starscream, Gears, Skrapnel, Tailgate, Swerve and Cosmos). Either it arrived a few or none at all (and selling like hot cake). I can't complain much but at least the new Combiner Wars line release Bombshell (and yet to see upcoming Huffer, Blackjack and Warpath). Here is my review of this great and simple figure.