Skip to main content

Skids

Photobucket

Dark of the Moon - One of the ugly twin from the second Micheal Bay Transformers movie, Revenge of the Fallen. Much like Q or Wheeljack in Dark of the Moon, Skids got an ugly head sculpt. I wish he were more like Bumblebee or make him more normal than with a big teeth, big ear, lousy left eye and small head with a big body. Why I even bother to buy him in the first place? Well, you will have to read the rest of my post to find out.

Bio

AUTOBOT SKIDS has learned a lot in the last few years. Frequent battle has hardened him, and partnership with humans has made him more sensitive to the value of life. Now, though he is still an eager warrior, his first priority is always the defense of those under his protection.

Vehicle Mode

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

His vehicle mode looks amazing. With a new black paint and green stripe, it look simple but truly amazing. Even the details is nice with the gold Cheverolet logo paint and gloss black and green paint on the body. The only missing was the paint on the logo on the rear. Even the windscreen is tinted 75% black. The only thing I really dislike was that, you can see his ugly head inside his front windscreen. There are two MechTech points on the top similar to Crankcase. His big MechTech weapon almost covered up the top of the car.

Alternate Mode

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

His transformation is quite easy and you can easily transform him back without the manual. Anyway, he is a bit short for a deluxe class (even shorter than the scout class). He still maintain that stupid head sculpt and now with different coloring. He still have the green color and some parts of his body. I love the details on the sculpt (although I hate this character). He got three MechTech points (as you can see the picture above). Making him more powerful than ever (clumsier too, I guess). One on his hand, his arm and the back of his head. The next thing I really hate was his leg were too big. He looks like a deformed Donald Duck to me. If you are planning to buy him, make sure you will buy the Human Alliance version. At least that one look really great than this deluxe version.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CW Powerglide

Combiner Wars - Finally a better looking Powerglide. I can't afford to buy the Classic 2.0 Powerglide; so this would be quite a nice value for your money. Basically, Powerglide is one of the G1 mini-bot (and how I wish that Beachcomber and Seaspray would be redesign). When Hasbro announce Powerglide as a legend class Combiner Wars figure; I was really excited. The new figure is the best looking Powerglide known and identical to his animation counterpart. And the best part; he transform himself into a powerful blaster for the combiners. Here is my review of him.

AoE Evolution Pack - Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction - Sorry for the late update. Been busy with life and collecting some masterpiece along the way. This double pack caught my eyes because of the classic/henkei mold. I already have the AoE Evasion Optimus (but never did review it); so here is my chance to review it all at once.

30th Generation Hoist

30 th Generation - I have reviewed the legend class Hoist before ( Click Here ). Now after more than a year; Hasbro released the 30 th Generation Hoist. It looks really amazing and I really love it very much. I won't say much but here is a review of Hoist