Skip to main content

Premium Jazz

Photobucket

Transformers 2007 - My first Premium series that I had kept for months. I love Jazz in the animated series because he is cool and different than the rest of the Autobot. In the 2007, it was unfortunate that he died in the hand of the megalomaniac Megatron and split into two half. But to me, he had little scene time in the movie. I only remembered him when he first arrived to earth and his transformation skill looks like he is dancing. Anyway, I also bought another Jazz but one of the Dark of the Moon exclusive (which is basically the same mold as this one). But that would be in a later post.

Bio

Just before coming to Earth, AUTOBOT JAZZ was badly damaged in a battle over a barren world in deep space. He doesn't remember a lot of the fight, even before DECEPTICON BRAWL offlined him, but he knows he was hurt really bad. Since that fight, he's worked with IRONHIDE to upgrade his endoskeleton reinforcements, and he's kept his vehicle mode absolutely pristine. Something about getting so badly damaged made him care even more than he used to about looking good.

Vehicle Mode


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The suppose to be Premium version of Jazz is marred by the eroded silver paint. Maybe it is because it has been in the box for too long without proper protection or maybe it is just a factory fault. But other than that, it look almost identical to the Human Alliance Jazz. In which it looks really amazing. With details on the tire rim to the red painted Pontiac logo. I can't complain that much.

Alternate Mode

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am sorry because I did not realize that I have not extend his weapon, a sniper rifle to its maximum length. Jazz transformation was not that hard. It is quite easy and almost felt like Sidearm Sideswipe. The highly detailed paint and sculpt makes Jazz look really awesome. I love the head part where his eye would glow when light pass through. The only thing I really dislike was his hands. It just look terrible and ineffective to me. But other than that, he look really amazing and a good addition to my Transformers movie universe besides Sideswipe. On my future post, I will post the re-deco of this mold, Dark of the Moon Jazz (wasn't he dead already?).

Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CW Powerglide

Combiner Wars - Finally a better looking Powerglide. I can't afford to buy the Classic 2.0 Powerglide; so this would be quite a nice value for your money. Basically, Powerglide is one of the G1 mini-bot (and how I wish that Beachcomber and Seaspray would be redesign). When Hasbro announce Powerglide as a legend class Combiner Wars figure; I was really excited. The new figure is the best looking Powerglide known and identical to his animation counterpart. And the best part; he transform himself into a powerful blaster for the combiners. Here is my review of him.

AoE Evolution Pack - Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction - Sorry for the late update. Been busy with life and collecting some masterpiece along the way. This double pack caught my eyes because of the classic/henkei mold. I already have the AoE Evasion Optimus (but never did review it); so here is my chance to review it all at once.

CW Bombshell

Combiner Wars - It is a bug world out there. Anyway; this is the second Insecticon that I bought. We are missing the last legend wave (Megatron, Starscream, Gears, Skrapnel, Tailgate, Swerve and Cosmos). Either it arrived a few or none at all (and selling like hot cake). I can't complain much but at least the new Combiner Wars line release Bombshell (and yet to see upcoming Huffer, Blackjack and Warpath). Here is my review of this great and simple figure.