Skip to main content

Cyclonus

Photobucket

Universe Classic 2.0 - Cyclonus, either you love this guy or hate him for who he is. But he is very loyal to Galvatron until the end. In the movie, he is actually a resurrected character by Unicron and originally was Skywarp. In the movie, he was a bad ass Decepticon. I was a kid back then and when I watch the movie, my reaction to Cyclonus was that he is a very cool villain. And he still is one of my favorite Decepticon. I have bought Cyclonus in the Challenge at Cybertron pack, together with Galvatron and Rodimus.

Bio

Among the Decepticons, finding a genuinely loyal and competent second-in-command is a near impossibility. Cyclonus is the exception to that rule. Created by Unicron, Cyclonus is a being whose loyalty to Galvatron and the Decepticon cause is so intense as to exclude most other emotions and interests from his mind. He is dedicated to destruction in his leader's name.

He also has brains to back up that dedication, power to enforce Galvatron's will, and the initiative to form plans and get them done. Cyclonus could easily rule the Decepticons himself if he so desired, either as a power behind the throne or directly overthrowing his psychotic master. His responses to any suggestions that he do so? "All hail Galvatron!"

Vehicle Mode


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

His jet mode is different than the original G1 version. Although shared the arrow type wings; I still prefer the G1 version jet mode. The only problem with the jet mode is the leg part. It is sometimes can be uneven. Then came the Minicon mode where it became a cannon on top of the jet mode. Some fans might like it but I still prefer not to installed on top of the jet.

Transformation Mode


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Way too easy to transform Cyclonus. It does not take me a minute to transform it from jet mode to robot mode. And the transformation... AWESOME. He looks taller and more insidious than its predecessor. A bit thin than the usual deluxe model but nevertheless a stable one. Even the paint job is magnificent. It does really resembles its animation counterpart. Even his sidekick, Nightstick are pretty detailed and well paint. For me Nightstick is a superior version of the Minicon. Cyclonus is also available in the 'Battle in Space' special pack; together with Rodimus, the Matrix of Leadership and a special comic book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CW Powerglide

Combiner Wars - Finally a better looking Powerglide. I can't afford to buy the Classic 2.0 Powerglide; so this would be quite a nice value for your money. Basically, Powerglide is one of the G1 mini-bot (and how I wish that Beachcomber and Seaspray would be redesign). When Hasbro announce Powerglide as a legend class Combiner Wars figure; I was really excited. The new figure is the best looking Powerglide known and identical to his animation counterpart. And the best part; he transform himself into a powerful blaster for the combiners. Here is my review of him.

AoE Evolution Pack - Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction - Sorry for the late update. Been busy with life and collecting some masterpiece along the way. This double pack caught my eyes because of the classic/henkei mold. I already have the AoE Evasion Optimus (but never did review it); so here is my chance to review it all at once.

30th Generation Hoist

30 th Generation - I have reviewed the legend class Hoist before ( Click Here ). Now after more than a year; Hasbro released the 30 th Generation Hoist. It looks really amazing and I really love it very much. I won't say much but here is a review of Hoist